08 March 2011

home is where: the heart is


my home doesn't consist of where i sleep, where i rest my feet after a long day or where i get ready in the morning.

my home is much more than that.


it is dreams and visions of great todays and better tomorrows.

it is friendships and relationships i have nurtured over the years.

it is my happiest thoughts and my ambitions for an adventurous future.

it is the love i feel for all of those who have touched my heart and made me a better person.

it is the look in people's eyes when i thank them for being who they are.

it is the challenges i face each and every day and the strength and courage i muster up to get through the hard ones.

it is the smiles on the faces of the people on the bus i do not know but might like to know, because who knows, we could get to know each other quite well.

it is the smile my heart feels when i think of the love i have shared with very few people intimately and the love i have shared with a lot of people broadly.

it is the sand between my toes and the wind that howls through the moonlit air.


i may have a home... yes.

a place to rest my feet. a place to lay my head. a closet for my belongings.

but my home is much more than that.


my home can be found any where there is love to be shared.

it can be found along the paths between rivers and forests, between sea and land.

it can be found in the dusty, crowded streets when children look up at you with that twinkle in their eye that only children can posses.

it can be found at night, alone, sitting with my own self and my own heart contemplating, why?

it can be found in the coldness of someone who was once my best friend, and in the warmth of those who refuse to give up on me.

yes, my home can vastly be found in others. in the ones i love,

for i do not care if i have a home as long as my soul can dance with theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment