21 October 2010

So I really am writing a book...


Well, I am writing, a real book. 50,000 words of "fiction" (for this project fiction can be defined as anything I want it to be, really), in one month. And I'm stoked about it!

It's not the type of book that I continue to say I am going to write. That crazy, inspirational, random piece of artwork that I will someday publish. But I figure this is an excellent way to get my creative juices flowing and my fingers writing! I am in desperate need of a challenge, something to expand my mind and push me. I want that feeling that I had back in college of having to create some good shit in a timely fashion, freaking out about meeting deadlines, winging it at 4 in the morning and then producing something and acting like your genius idea was planned from the beginning.

I want to write. I want to be inspired. I want to feel the push of creativity in my own mind.

No doubt I will write a whole lot of garbage. 50,000 words, for people who aren't journalistically savvy, is 175 pages. In 30 days. That's nearly 6 pages (or 1,665 words) per day. NaNoWriMo encourages us "novelists" (haha...) to only worry about output. Only write, do not edit. Editing is for December when the project is done with. so a whole lot of output from a crazy brain like mine might = a whole lot of crazy garbage and random and ridiculous prose.


So here's to November. And to me becoming a novelist.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/
If anyone is interested please, by all means, sign up to do this with me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment