26 October 2010

We choose our own path; our own greatness




I want to be so many great things.

I want to be great.

I want to make a difference in the people's lives around me.

I want to change the world. Make it a better place.

I want to continue to create my vision each and every day.

I want to know what it feels like to be loved.

I want to wake up every day and smile. And say thank you.

I want to know there is a God.

I want to feel the love of the world. The love I feel after a yoga session.

I want to be an inspiration. And be inspired.

I want to continue to believe that everyone has an incredible story and an amazing soul.

I want to understand grief and sadness and the human heart.

I want to be a success. My own idea of success.

I want to continue to be free and make my own decisions.

I want to always know that I am the creator of my destiny. I walk my own path.

I want to know about high vibrations in order to manifest only the best intentions.

I want to learn everyday and never let my mind become lazy.

I want to always play. And wag.

I want to believe in my heart again.

If it is good and true, let us never deny ourselves what we truly want or need. Let everything be simple. Listen to the intuition, for your heart already knows everything. Your greatest intentions always come from the heart. Be true. Manifest positive light and positive light will come. The key is in manifesting. Manifestation of a higher consciousness. Understanding our mission, our life's goal, our work, seems like an unknown and difficult task. But if we quiet our heart and listen, we will hear what it has been trying to tell us. The goal should be simple.

I have found mine. I have also spent the better part of three years feeling lost. And confused. Small and insignificant. I have taken a path that has only brought me the greatest of rewards and no experience of which I regret.


It is a crazy thing to stand on stage to accept your diploma on graduation day with only one thought in your head; "I don't want to do what I've gone to school for." Pretty scary. And a little disheartening. Why couldn't I just be like the kids who knew exactly what they wanted to be when they grew up? The ones that had it all figured out?

My journey was always different. And probably always will be. I am free of judgement to any other type of path chosen. I understand that everyone must go their own way, there is a point and meaning to every which way we turn. The world would not work if things were any different. But my journey, my path, was always going to be a difficult one. One I would choose to forge alone three years ago when I stepped on that plane to cross the big blue sea. I am not some crazy, irresponsible kid that just 'doesn't want to grow up and get a big kid job.' In my opinion, I am far from it. I am learning and manifesting all the time, cultivating the best of intentions and a heart of compassion. I am learning and I am experiencing what I have decided is important for my own journey. And because of it, I am who I am today. I am already dedicating myself to what I consider my life's purpose. Some people laugh at me when I say that my goal is simple, it is to help children and make the world a better place. Through choosing Service Above Self I know my own life will be enriched in the ways I long for.

I hope someday I can be an inspiration to others to do the same. Your journey won't look the same as mine, and that's fine. It just needs to be the journey that you want it to be. We only get one shot at this so let's do it right. love without fear. Love cannot and will not fail. Feel every emotion that stirs inside of you. Feel awakened by the sense of these emotions. Look at the world and learn to love every little bit of it that you can. Don't let the words of others change your heart or your attitude or your belief in anything.

Life is good. Ridiculously hard sometimes, but always good. Don't be afraid to stumble and fall. It's the only way to learn.

1 comment:

  1. oh Lyndsay, you inspire me sister and have since we met and every time we connect. like today you inspire me to give more love and to be more open to receiving love. i got cautious in there somewhere along this path and reduced my input and output of both. but now i'm coming around and you and your beautiful soul and words have set me that little bit free-er again.
    i have an epic existence these days but i do need to be more sentient in my experiences, conversations and intentions. you remind me also of this and inspire me to create it and make it happen.
    you make me happy and you make me want to be a better person.
    thank you x
    i love you always,
    laura

    ReplyDelete