31 December 2010

hello! new year : new energy


2010; you have been an interesting one.. a lot has changed since we welcomed you with drunken arms on last year's NYE.

you have given me a completely new perspective on life. and on my Self.
you have given me some of the hardest times i have ever gone through,
and you have changed me for the better.
you have beat me up and spit me out only to show me that i can do anything.

you have opened my eyes to a whole new world. a bigger and better world.
you have helped me form great memories, with wonderful people,
and you have given me the time to dedicate myself to my passion.

i thank you for helping me to see what is truly important in life; my friends and family, my believers and encouragers. my times with them spent laughing and crying were some of the best and worst. but all individually inspiring.

i thank you for helping me to understand the true meaning of the words i read so long ago [Service above Self]
after pondering and thinking and applying this concept for countless hours i have now fully developed it to be the main concept and belief in my life.

i have given more love than ever before and i will continue to do so. it is no secret the world needs more of it. i will never give up, it will never stop.

i have danced with you, 2010, in the depths of great thought and positive action and in a very different way then i ever have before.
i have learned so much over many months about what it means to be human and what it means to be real. what it means to truly feel, and what it means to be truly thankful for God and love itself.
you have broken me open and made me whole,
and you have humbled me.
you have tested me.
and i have woken up day after day with a greater sense of who i am at my core and what i should be doing with my great heart.

at times you have made me want to give up
you have left me very confused, very lost and very hurt.
you have given me my one and only regret of my entire life; the feeling that i have not been my true self in an important situation.
you have given me the time to learn and understand that i assume too much.
and that i am too hard on myself.

and all i can say is; 2010 i thank you for not being easy. you have made me a better person.

now, here's to hoping 2011 brings as many spiritually-inspiring opportunites, because i am never done learning, but maybe in a few nicer packages :)
cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful Lindsay! It sounds like you've had a great year and I hope your next is great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you guys:) Cool to see you read this! A wonderful 2011 to you as well xx

    ReplyDelete