06 December 2010

WriteON::

On November One I set out to write a book.
I had no expectations of what this book would be about, if I would even enjoy this huge task I signed up for or if I would finish. I refrained from even forming any expectations in my own head about this project, such as it's "good" factor when all was said and done or if it would even be "readable." I simply thought, "I shall write and write and write and see where it takes me."

It took me in a direction that I never thought it would. Or rather, in a direction I secretly knew it would take me but had been scared to give in to before. I found that my writing took me back to the beginning of my transformation into who I am now, it lead me down my own path and deep down into the corners of my heart I have tried (unsuccessfully) to cut off. Oddly enough, writing became not only an escape from living in my own head, but at the same time the biggest magnifying glass ever into who I am and why I am that way. I experienced things all over again, thought long and hard about my interactions and experiences in this beautiful world and got to know myself outside of my self.

I started jokingly calling it "free therapy" and in a way that is what it turned out to be. Just a reflection on everything that has happened to me and how I have tried to let it positively effect and change me for the better. I wrote about hard times and I how I have let them break me open into being a more kind and loving soul (the opposite of what certain events could have done) and I wrote about the greatest and most meaningful experiences in my life. I found that I wrote a lot about feeling one with the world and centering myself into a certain loving-kindness.

We exist for a reason and it is to be good to one another, to be loving and courageous, gorgeous and mindful. We exist to love and to spread love and to believe in love and to fulfill our life's passion. We exist to be great, we exist to be kind. We exist to smile and to hug and to forget about the past and live Now, with each other, in harmony as much as possible.

We exist to love.
We exist to do good and be great.


Many people have asked to read my "book" which is actually a little frightening. I guess I could say I bared my soul and put everything down on paper that exists in my head. It is scary to think that someone may actually want to read about who you really are.

I will post some of it here, on my blog, but this month-long madness of a project they call Nanowrimo has greatly helped to pave the way for writing and publishing my first real book. You can all buy a copy whenever it comes out so you can read my heart, and I can say I sold at least ten copies :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll read it my dearest friend. :) I'm impressed.... I've been working on a book for 2plus months... and have 5 pages written.... it's just hard to find time! Hope your doing great!

    ReplyDelete